Educational Coordinator Ruth Richardson
Palliative Nurse Educator
Research/Co-Op Student Ishan Fernando
Homes in Attendance:
- Hillel Lodge
- Peter D. Clark Centre
- Southbridge London
- Strathmere Lodge
- Sun Parlor Home for Senior Citizens
Date of Training:
Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Click Here for a digital copy of the Participant Toolkit.
Welcome to All-In Palliative Care: The Team Approach to LTC training program! We are pleased that you are joining us for this program that supports residents and team members living and working in Ontario’s long term care homes.
The All-In training program consists of 3 e-learning modules (20 minutes each) and an 8 hour Zoom session, 8:30AM-4:30PM. The e-learning modules and pre-evaluation knowledge check should be completed before the Zoom session, if possible, as they provide an introduction to the topics we will cover during the training session. Your home should also provide you with a printed copy of your toolkit.
No courses No courses
- Please complete the Prerequisite eLearning Series (1 hour).
- Sessions will run from 8:30 AM ET to 4:30 PM ET (with breaks).
- A laptop/computer/tablet connected to Wi-Fi, audio and webcam for each team member is ideal.
- Please do not sit near other participants on individual devices in the same room as this can lead to an audio echo.
- Please join the zoom early at 8:15 so we can verify everyone’s audio and video setup and start the session on time
- If multiple participants join on one device, ensure that each person is able to unmute and speak during the Zoom session as the training is highly interactive.
- Learners may attend the virtual training program from their workplace or home.
Overall Learning Outcome
- Change the way you communicate about palliative care
- Change the way you support palliative care
- Explain the importance of cultural humility in the delivery of palliative care
- Determine ways you can contribute to a grief-friendly work environment
TO JOIN YOUR ZOOM SESSION, CLICK JOIN BELOW:
Palliative Nurse Educator
Professor Mohawk College
Palliative Care Advisor
Clinical Nurse Specialist
When you have completed all of the components of the program, you will be able to access and print a certificate of completion from this page. This group page is for the learners that will be attending the zoom program together on specified day. This is the place to access all of the content for your program. You can start the e-learning modules from this page and this is where you will find the link for your zoom program.
If you have any questions, contact a member of the Ontario CLRI at Bruyère team at email@example.com or 613-562-6262, Ext. 1985.
The Ontario CLRI at Bruyère has collaborated with the University of Ottawa Teaching and Learning Support Service to adapt the All-In Palliative Care: The Team Approach to LTC training program to a virtual setting and update it to meet the needs of interprofessional teams in LTC homes
This work is supported in part with funding from the Government of Ontario through the Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care (CLRI) hosted at Bruyère. The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of the Province.